By pooling resources the DVHCC is able to achieve economies of scale and other advantages previously available only to large corporations or very large cities. This arrangement enables Members to lower the ultimate cost of dental benefits. Typical member savings are at 10-15%.
The Delaware Valley Health Care Coalition (DVHCC) began its relationship with Delta Dental in March of 1998. Delta Dental is comprised of 39 independent Delta Dental member companies operating in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. And, as the largest and most experienced dental benefits carrier in the country, they provide coverage to more than 54 million people enrolled in more than 93,000 groups.
Delta Dental is committed to:
- Expanding access to oral health care
- Leveraging dental benefits expertise to provide access to the highest quality care
- Providing dependable service that responds quickly to the needs of their customers
- Ensuring access to the most extensive network of dentists in the country
- Keeping dental benefits affordable through unique cost-control measures
- Offering innovation, service and multi-state networks of a national dental benefits carrier
- Understanding the unique oral health challenges and needs of the community
- Advancing oral health by giving back to the communities they serve
Delta’s vigorous cost management system currently results in an overall savings to purchasers of 15% annually. These savings are achieved through:
- Participating dentist network discounting
- Usual, Customary and Reasonable payment methodology (Mega 2 discounting)
- Efficient claims processing
- Coordination of benefits
- Dentist consultant review
- Added cont-controlling contract limits.
Delta Dental Labor Union Involvement
- About one third of Delta’s business is purchased by Unions or employers with Unions.
- All of the construction at Delta is done 100% by the Building Trades Union.
- The office in Mechanicsburg is organized by UNITE.
- Delta’s offices across the country are organized by the IUE, UAW and IBT.
- Recognized by the AFL-CIO as “Union Label Product”.
- All printing is done by Union Printers.
For more information, please contact our office or Ryan Lindsey at (717) 254-9680 firstname.lastname@example.org.